Monday, December 6, 2010

GPEC

I just wanted to catch you up with my job at GPEC. Things are going great! I am finally getting the opportunity to really apply my skills in GIS to the work that I do at the organization. My new project at GPEC requires me to find data for each municipality in the area based on employment level and industry of employment. This will allow me to map commuter patterns for high-tech manufacturing workers such as the employees of semiconductor companies like Intel and Microchip Technologies. This is a great project because it also allows me to apply this information to my research project, which requires me to collect data for certain urban enterprise zones such as Chandler. I am not allowed to share my work at GPEC, but I am allowed to share my research project! So I guess I will do that. If I get in trouble though, I will have to take it down. See the next post.


Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment